- Lee County Port Authority
- 2014 Meeting Dates
- Meeting Agendas and Green Sheets
- Guide to Public Participation
- Legal Notices
- Public Affairs/Media
- News Releases
- LCPA Business Newsletter
- Air Service Update
- Media Guide
- Airport Tours
- Speakers Bureau
- Film Permit Application
- Stats & Reports
- Monthly Statistics
- Financial Reports
- Economic Impact Study
- FDOT Airport Economic Impact Report
- Airport Rates & Charges
- Monthly Project Report
- Mitigation Program
- Noise Education Program
- Airport Layout Plan
- Airport Property Boundary
- Airport History (PDF)
Guide to Public Participation
JOINT MEETINGS WITH THE BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS
AND AIRPORTS SPECIAL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
There are several opportunities for public comment during meetings of the Board of Port Commissioners and the Airports Special Management Committee. The Board of Port Commissioners meets generally the second Monday of every second month at 9:30 a.m. The Board of Port Commissioners' agenda allows for public discussion on items that have been placed on the consent and administrative agendas. The Airports Special Management Committee meets monthly, generally the last Tuesday of each month at 1:30p.m. The monthly agenda for the Airports Special Management Committee also allows for public discussion on items that have been placed on the consent and administrative agendas. The comments of the members of the public desiring to address either the Commission or the Management Committee must be limited to items that are on either the consent or administrative agenda.
A second opportunity for the public to address the Commission is during any item placed on the "public hearing" agenda of the meeting, if applicable. These typically include ordinances and certain resolutions. In every instance, the public should complete a white comment card entitled "Request to Address the Board of Port Commissioners and Airports Special Management Committee" located on the counter inside the conference room at the Port Authority Training and Conference Center. The item on which the member of the public desires to speak should be specified on the comment card. Once the white card has been completed, it should be placed on the podium for collection by a designated Port Authority employee.
1. The designated Port Authority employee will deliver all white cards to the Chairman. Each person addressing the Commission must stand at the podium and give their name and address for the record. All remarks should be addressed to the Commission as a body and not to any specific member. Public comment is limited to three minutes per speaker.
2. There is generally no ex parte limitation on contacting members of the Board on items that are placed on the agenda, unless those items are the subject of a competitive solicitation or proposal process. There is also no prohibition on the submission of petitions, photographs, or other written information. Copies of items given to the Commissioners should also be given to the "Minutes" person seated directly to the right of the conference table for inclusion in the record.
1. Members of the public who do not intend to address the Commission, but desire to indicate support
or opposition against an agenda item, may complete a "Request to Address the Board of Port Commissioners" card, checking the appropriate box in support or opposition. When the Commission calls their name, they may decline to speak. The name and whether the person was "for" or "against" the item will be read into the record.
2. Members of the public should refrain from making comments or holding discussions while members of the Commission, Airports Special Management Committee, Port Authority staff, or other citizens are speaking. All cell phones and pagers should be turned off during the meeting, and members of the public who are unable to remain for the entire meeting should exit as quietly as possible.