- Doing Business with the Lee County Port Authority
- Current and Upcoming Projects
- Lost/Surplus Property Sales
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Advertising Opportunities
- Commercial Property
Home > Business Opportunities
Policy Statement & Objectives 49 CFR (Part 26.1, 26.23)
The Lee County Port Authority (Authority) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 CFR Part 26. The Authority has received Federal financial assistance from the DOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the Authority has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the Authority to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts awarded by the Authority.
It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored by utilizing race neutral/race conscious means;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The Port Authority has designated the following individual as our Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Liaison Officer (DBELO):
Julio A. Rodriguez, DBE Program Manager
11000 Terminal Access Road, Suite 8671
Fort Myers, FL 33913
Phone: (239) 590-4625
In that capacity, the Manager is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program and ensuring that the Authority complies with all provisions of 49 CFR Part 26. Mr. Rodriguez has direct, independent access to the Executive Director concerning DBE program matters. The DBELO has adequate staff assigned to the DBE program on a full-time basis.